Good news to International students in Canada!!!
The Government  of Canada yesterday confirmed that International students are eligible to apply for the Canada Emergency Response Benefit  
If you have lost income because of COVID-19, the Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB) will provide you with temporary income support $500 a week for up to 16 weeks.  April 6th, 2020 as the date when CRA can start accepting applications.

Please read this Question & Answers for more details. (Refer questions for International student click here)

The benefit will be available to :
  1. Residing in Canada, who are at least 15 years old.
  2. Who has stopped working because of COVID-19 or are eligible for Employment Insurance regular or sickness benefit.
  3. Who had an income of at least $5,000 in 2019 or in the 12 months prior to the date of their application.
  4. Who are or expect to be without employment or self-employment income for at least 14 consecutive days in the initial four-week period. For subsequent benefit periods, they expect to have no employment income.

To speed the process up, CRA is recommending that you register online and choose to receive direct deposits. So to create your account and get everything ready, click here: 

Source:- Goverment of Canada Gouverment du Canada 

(The story has not been edited by Ocxee staff and is referred from